HPG guerrillas target Botaş Oil Pipeline
HPG-BIM announced that guerrillas carried out a sabotage action on Botaş Oil Pipeline, which passes through Mardin's Bagok region, on October 28.
In a written statement, the Press Center of the People’s Defense Forces (HPG-BIM) said that the operation launched by the Turkish army in Hakkari's Çukurca district failed without any results.
HPG BIM statement includes the following:
"Our forces carried out a successful sabotage action targeting Botaş Oil Pipeline passing through Bagok region of Mardin at 13:00 on October 28. As a result of this action, the pipeline at the site was completely destroyed.
OPERATION FAILED WITH NO RESULTS
The operation launched by the invading Turkish state in the villages of Gizê, Zaîte, Tuxubê, Gûzereşê, Sirta Helwesîs, Sirta Pîrê in the Çukurca district of Hakkari and Şehid Egid Hill on October 14 remained completely inconclusive.
AIR ATTACKS ON MEDYA DEFENSE ZONES
The invading Turkish army carried out air strikes against Medya Defense Zones. Details of the attacks are as follows:
- On October 24, at 18:00, the village of Yekmalê in the Bergarê area of the Garê region was bombed by war planes.
- On October 24, at 18:30, while civilians were carrying out their daily work in the Kolit area of the Xakurkê region, fighter jets belonging to the occupying Turkish state bombarded the area. Later, the same area was bombed with howitzers and mortars. As a result of these bombardments, civilians did not suffer any loss of life, but their vehicles were destroyed and they suffered financial damage.
- On October 25, at 04:30, the Çemrobotkî village in the Meyrokê area of the Garê region was bombed by war planes.
- On October 26, at 12:50 pm, the area of Letter T in the Zap region was bombed by jets.
- On October 26, at 13:00, the Çemço area in the Zap region was bombarded.
- On October 27, at 05:30, the surroundings of Kani Ohran village in the Siyanê area of the Garê region were bombed by war planes.
- On October 28, at 16:30, the Stêvra Jêr district in Kaniya Contra, in the Meyrokê area of the Garê region, was bombed by fighter jets.
- On October 28, at 18:40, the Çemço area in the Zap region and later on the Sida area in the Zap region were bombed by war planes on the same day.”
The statement added that guerrillas have not experienced any losses in these attacks.