Thousands of civilians have been kidnapped in Afrin since it was occupied by the Turkish army and allied mercenaries in March 2018.
The Syrian Democratic Council (MSD) invites the independent UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria to the autonomous regions to investigate its accusations against the SDF on the ground. + Autonomous Administration: UN report good but not sufficient + Evin Cuma: UN report only shows part of the crimes against women
Buket was abandoned by her mother when she was a baby. Her father went to Sweden and, after his asylum application was rejected, placed the child in the care of an aunt living in Stockholm. Since then he has disappeared.
- Nationwide protests after the kidnapping of HDP member17:58
- Two civilians, including a woman, abducted in Afrin17:13
- MSF calls for action for refugees on Greek islands16:02
- Mine explosion injures two minors in Deir ez-Zor15:23
- TTB warns against an increase in attacks against health workers14:59
- KDP deploys heavy weapons on the Rojava border14:17
- MSD invites UN Commission to Northeast Syria13:38
- One person detained and five under judicial control in Amed12:56
- Evin Cuma: UN report only shows part of the crimes against women12:22
- 75-year-old prisoner Özkahraman dies in prison11:45