Pacific Asian organizations: Stop the Turkish and Iranian war against the Kurds!
“These military aggressions against the Kurds not only violate international laws but also are causing massive casualties and damage,” say parties and organizations from Pacific Asia.
Political parties and non-governmental organizations from many countries in Pacific Asia strongly condemned the genocidal attacks of the Turkish and Iranian states against the Kurds and called for an end to the war.
“We strongly condemn the recent genocidal military attacks by both the Turkish and Iranian governments on the Kurds in the region,” a joint statement by the Pacific Asian organizations said.
“The Turkish military has launched intensive air strikes on north and east Syria and northern Iraq targeting Kurdish communities in the region. Meanwhile, the Iranian government is also intensifying the military crackdown on the Kurdish communities in western Iran and northern Iraq, as part of its violent suppression of protests for women’s rights following the state murder of Jina Amini. These military aggressions against the Kurds not only violate international laws but also are causing massive casualties and damage,” said the statement calling for the following:
- Turkey and Iran must immediately cease their military aggression against the Kurds in the region;
- Stop the repression of pro-Kurdish political movements in Turkey and protests for women’s rights in Iran;
- Recognition of the democratic right to self-determination of the Kurds and all nationals in the Kurdistan region, as the basis for a political solution to the “Kurdish Question”.
The statement was signed by:
1. Socialist Party of Malaysia (PSM)
2. Socialist Alliance, Australia
3. Working People’s Party (PRP), Indonesia
4. Confederation of Indonesian People’s Movement (KPRI), Indonesia
5. Party of the Laboring Masses (PLM), Philippines
6. Socialist Aotearoa, New Zealand
7. Haqooq Khalq Party, Pakistan