HPG announces that 4 Turkish soldiers were killed and three camera systems destroyed
The People's Defense Forces (HPG) announced that four soldiers were killed and three camera systems were destroyed in the actions carried out against the Turkish army units in Medya Defense Areas.
The HPG Press Center said in a statement that the guerrillas continue to inflict heavy blows on the units affiliated with the Turkish army. "Equipped with the spirit of victory of our immortal commander Comrade Egîd and using the new era professional guerrilla tactics, our forces continue to inflict heavy blows on the invaders. Our struggle, which started with the 15 August Breakthrough and has become the hope of all oppressed peoples today, emerged as a result of the historical resistance developed by the Kurdistan Freedom Guerrilla along the line of sacrifice. Despite all the technology and dirty war methods it uses, the colonial Turkish army, which cannot break the resistance of our guerrillas, wants to get results by bombing the lands of Kurdistan intensively. The invading Turkish state, which writes false victory stories every day and tries to deceive the society through private war media, tries to hide its defeat against the guerrilla will.
The Kurdistan Freedom Guerrilla, living and fighting selflessly, will crown its unique resistance with victory to realize our people's dreams of freedom.”
The HPG stated that within the scope of the actions to greet the 15 August Resurrection Day, four invaders were killed, 2 thermal cameras and 1 security system were destroyed.
The HPG shared the following information regarding the details of the actions:
"1- Bazên Zagrosê Revolutionary Campaign in the Xakurke region
– On 11 August, at 7am, the thermal camera system installed by the invading Turkish army in the Girê Koordîne area in Xakurke was shot down and destroyed by our forces.
2- Bazên Zagrosê Revolutionary Campaign in the Avaşîn region:
– The thermal camera system that the invading Turkish army had previously placed in the Kanîbiyê area in Avaşîn was shot down and destroyed by our mobile teams. After the action, all parts of the thermal camera system were seized by our forces.
3. Bazên Zagrosê Revolutionary Campaign in Zap region:
– On 12 August at 8.20 and 9.30pm, the invaders around the battle positions in the Saca Resistance Area were shot by our mobile teams with heavy and individual weapons. As a result of these actions, 2 invaders were killed.
4. Cenga Xabûre Martyr War Maraş Revolutionary Campaign:
– On 12 August at 3.30pm, the invaders in the Girê Cûdî Resistance Area were shot by our mobile YJA Star teams, and one invader was killed.
5. On 5 August, the invading Turkish army launched a comprehensive invasion operation in Deriyê Qaçê and Serê Forest areas in the Besta region of Botan. This operation was withdrawn inconclusively on 8 August.
6. Attacks by the invading Turkish army with howitzers, helicopters and warplanes:
– Drone activity was observed in Girê Amediyê and Girê FM Resistance Areas on 12 August.
– On 12 August, Gundê Gûzê and Deşta Kafya areas in Garê and Saca and Sîda Resistance Areas were bombed 5 times by warplanes.
– On 12 August, Kurojahro, Girê Hakkarî, Girê Cûdî and Girê Amediyê Resistance Areas were bombed 9 times by attack helicopters.
– On 12 August, the Serê Metîna area in Metîna and the Girê FM Resistance Area were bombed dozens of times with howitzers.”