HPG: Three guerrillas martyred in Turkish chemical attack in Avashin

The People’s Defence Forces (HPG) Press Centre announced that the Turkish state used chemical weapons in the Avaşîn region and three guerrillas were martyred.

In a written statement, HPG’s press centre reported that chemical weapons were used against the guerrillas who push back the Turkish troops in Girê Sor in the Avashin region of the Medya Defense Zones. The statement said that three guerrillas were martyred as a result. It also stated that three Turkish soldiers were killed in the Werxelê area.

The HPG statement is as follows:

“In the Girê Sor Resistance Area in the ​​Avaşîn region:

The Kurdistan Freedom Guerrilla has displayed historic resistance against the large-scale invasion operation launched by the Turkish army on the night of April 23. The invading Turkish army, which could not achieve results against the guerrilla resistance despite all its barbarian and dirty warfare, is continuing to commit war crimes. On September 3, the Turkish army used chemical weapons intensively against our comrades who do not allow the Turkish troops to occupy Girê Sor and fight with an Apoist will and spirit of resistance under the most difficult conditions. As a result of the chemical attack carried out by the fascist Turkish state, three of our freedom fighters were martyred. The identity information of our heroic martyrs will soon be released to inform our people and the public.


In the Werxelê Resistance Area in the Avaşîn region:

– On 14 September, the Turkish troops seeking to advance in the Werxelê Resistance Area were tracked by our forces. On the same day, at 01:30, the Turkish soldiers were hit effectively from two sides. The first group of guerrillas hit a unit of Turkish soldiers around the resistance positions with sabotage tactics. The second group of guerrillas struck the soldiers at close range using hand grenades and individual weapons and killed at least 3 of them.

Following this successful action by the Werxelê fighters, the Turkish army was able to remove its casualties from the area by helicopters at night.

– On September 14, between 03:30 and 05:00, the Turkish army bombed the Werxelê Resistance Area using chemical gases and heavy weapons.


On September 10, a group of invading forces was contained by our forces in the Şamkê area of ​​the Zap region. Realizing that his unit had been contained, a soldier in the Turkish army wanted to move towards the position of our forces in order to surrender. While our forces were trying to take this soldier without harming him, the Turkish troops targeted him with individual and semi-automatic weapons and commenced fire against him. In order to capture this soldier alive, our forces engaged in an intense armed conflict with the Turkish troops and one of our comrades was injured. Later on, the Turkish army heavily bombed the area where the soldier in question wanted to surrender to the guerrilla. The soldier who decamped from his unit and wanted to surrender fell to the ground before he could reach our forces as a result of the intense bombardment by the Turkish army. Our fighters who moved to pick up the wounded soldier during the conflict and bombardment, realized that he already died. It has been determined that the runaway soldier killed by the fascist Turkish army was a contracted infantryman Sezai Güngör.


On September 14, between 17:00 and 18:00, the village of Rêncbiraxa in the Zap region was bombed with howitzers fired from the military outposts on the border line.

– On September 14, between 22:30 and 00:30, Turkish helicopter mobility was observed on the Qaşura line of the Metîna region. The vicinity of the villages of Êdinê, Deşîşê, Kêste, Hirore Dêrarê and Serarû in the Kanî Masî sub-district of the Amadiya district, as well as the Gire Şehîd Çiya, Koordîne and Qela Qûmriyê areas were bombed with attack helicopters.

– On September 14, between 22:40 – 00:10, Turkish helicopter mobility was observed in the areas of Mervanos, Tabûra Ereba, Girê Spî, Gîrê Sor and Girê Silêman in the Avaşîn region. During the same hours, the Werxelê slopes and Geliyê Basya areas were bombed by attack helicopters.”