Organisations in Europe announce a series of actions for Abdullah Öcalan from 1 to 15 February
The Alliance of Democratic Forces in Europe and Kurdish organisations announced a series of actions against the isolation of the Kurdish leader Abdullah Öcalan from 1 to 15 February.
The Alliance of Democratic Forces in Europe (ADGB) and Kurdish organisations have announced a series of actions between 1 and 15 February, the anniversary of the abduction of Kurdish leader Abdullah Öcalan from Kenya to Turkey as a result of an international conspiracy.
In a press conference in Cologne, the ADGB pointed to Öcalan's 24 years of isolation in Turkish custody, noting that there has been no sign of life from the prison island of Imrali for almost two years. Defining Öcalan's isolation as an attack on the democratic rights of Kurds and their aspirations for freedom, a statement by the ADBG and Kurdish organisations said: "The isolation also aims to stop the struggle of democratic, progressive and socialist organisations in Turkey and Kurdistan. We believe that it is an attack to prevent the unification of the Kurdish people's struggle with the left, socialist, proletarian forces of Turkey and Kurdistan and the growth of the struggle.”
The statement by the ADBG and Kurdish organisations includes the following:
“As democratic institutions active in Europe, we call first and foremost on organisations from Turkey and Kurdistan to become active. In addition, of course, we also have an appeal to democratic, progressive groups, intellectuals and artists in Europe. We demand that all those who consider themselves humanist, sensitive and democratic take action against this inhuman practice of isolation. That is why we call on them to support our campaign.
It has been 24 years since Abdullah Öcalan was taken to prison on Imrali Island because of an international conspiracy. The severe isolation and torture of Mr. Öcalan is a comprehensive attack on the freedom struggle of the Kurdish people who accepted him as their political representative. It is an attack on the struggle for a free and democratic life and survival of the Kurdish people. Not only the Kurdish people but also movements all over the world have joined the struggle for freedom for a democratic and just world expressed in the ideas of Abdullah Öcalan. The forces of the international conspiracy are trying to cut the link between Abdullah Öcalan and the Kurdish people.
The absolute isolation of Abdullah Öcalan is an attack on the whole resistance. In addition to the isolation and the increasing repression in the prisons, revolutionary, patriotic prisoners who are seriously ill, who are unfit to be imprisoned and whose sentence has expired are being murdered one by one.
Currently, there are 1605 sick inmates in Turkish prisons, 604 of whom are seriously ill. The attacks on the prisoners aim at their complete surrender and the abandonment of their revolutionary identity. If complete surrender is not achieved, they are meant to be isolated and destroyed. This is the policy of the state.
Behind the isolation of Öcalan is capitalist modernity. This is the reason for the silence of the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT) and all international organisations towards the isolation torture on Imrali. Abdullah Öcalan is deprived of his rights against all universal principles, rules and laws. The isolation continues.
According to Abdullah Öcalan's own words, the USA, Great Britain and Israel have played a leading role in this international conspiracy, and European states such as Greece, Italy and Germany have also participated to varying degrees, in addition to Russia.
The Turkish state, which has cut off Abdullah Öcalan's connection to the world and prevents his voice from being heard, has created a special system of isolation by violating all universal principles and even its own law. In this system, there are no rights and laws, and there are no conditions that ensure Öcalan's health, safety or right to life. Due to the absence of news from Imrali for years, it is not even clear whether Öcalan is still alive, let alone what his health and security situation is. The silence of the Council of Europe, the CPT, the ECtHR, the UN and all other international organisations in the face of this intensified isolation shows that not only the plot but also the isolation has an international dimension.
The resistance of Abdullah Öcalan on Imrali and the paradigm he developed spread all over the world and became universal. Thus, women and peoples united under the slogan 'Jin, Jiyan, Azadî' [Woman, Life, Freedom] and intensified their struggle for rights. The Kurdish freedom struggle was recognised and supported at the international level; a democratic-confederal system was built in which all ethnic and religious groups living in Kurdistan could freely participate; democratic modernity began to become practical as a concrete alternative to capitalist modernity.
Especially in the last years, the initiatives, actions, campaigns and struggles of trade unions, institutions and personalities all over the world have drawn attention to the isolation of Abdullah Öcalan and brought to light the conspiracy in all international fields. Abdullah Öcalan foresaw years ago the negative consequences of the Third World War revolving around Kurdistan and the Middle East, which today includes the imperialist and colonialist conflicts of interests between NATO and Russia. He has developed corresponding global solutions. We demand his freedom so that he can play his role for peace in the region and globally.
In this context, we, the undersigned, demand an immediate end to the international conspiracy, which enters its 25th year on 15 February. We demand an end to the most important pillar of the plot, 'international isolation'. We demand that all international institutions, especially the UN, the Council of Europe and the CPT, stop participating in the crimes of the Turkish state and play their role, which is demanded by the universal principles of human rights and democracy on which these institutions are supposedly based.
We call on all international institutions, trade unions, political parties, democracy and human rights activists, in short, all 'forces of democratic modernity' to mobilise and actively participate in this comprehensive struggle that will take place from the streets and squares to the digital media in the campaign 'End Isolation, Freedom for Öcalan'."
The organisations and institutions partaking in the appeal are as follows:
1. Alternatif Karadeniz İnisiyatifi
2. Avrupa Demokratik Dersim Birlikleri Federasyonu (ADEF)
3. Avrupa Demokratik Haklar Konfederasyonu (ADHK)
4. Avrupa Demokratik Kürt Toplum Kongresi (KCDK-E)
5. Avrupa Devrimci Demokratik Komün İnisiyatifi (ADDKİ)
6. Avrupa Ezilen Göçmenler Konfederasyonu (AvEG-KON)
7. Avrupa Kürt Kadın Hareketi (TJK-E)
8. Avrupa Türkiyeli İşçiler Konfederasyonu (ATIK)
9. Avrupa Devrimci Komün Meclisleri (ADKM)
10. Demokratik Alevi Federasyonu (FEDA)
11. Dersim İnşa Kongresi (DIK)
12. Avrupa Ezidi Koordinasyonu
13. İç Anadolu Kürtleri Platformu (PKAN)
14. Maraş Dernekleri Federasyonu (MARDEF)
15. Mezopotamya Halk Kongresi
16. Mezopotamya Özgürlük Partisi (MÖP)
17. Nor Zartonk - Avrupa
18. Sosyalist Yeniden Kuruluş Partisi – Avrupa (SYKP Avrupa)
19. Xeta Sor
20. Yaşanacak Dünya
21. Yeşil ve Sol Parti Avrupa
22. Tevgêra GORRAN
23. Kongra Star (Rêxistna Jin Rojava, Bakur-Rojhilatê Sûryê) Europe
24. Partiya Zahmetkêşan – Başûr
25. Partiya demoqrat a Kurdiya sûrî( Rêxistina Europa).
26. PADÊ (Partiya Azadî û Demokrasiya Êzîdiya)
27. Tevgêrê Azadî
28. PYD (Partiya Yekîtiya Demokrat)
29. PÎK (Partiya islamiya Kurdistan)
30. KKP ( Partiya Kominista Kurdistan)
31. Tevgera Kawa
32. PJAK (Partiya Jiyana Azada Kurdistan)
33. Yakyatî Şoreşgêrî Kurdistan
34. KODAR (Civaka Demokratîk û Azada Rojhelatĕ Kurdistan)
35. KJAR (Civaka Jinên Rojhelatî Kurdistan)
36. Platforma Horam
37. Plattform Zagros
38. Plattform Yarsan
39. Yarî Kurd
40. Tevçand (Tevgera Çand û Hunera Kurd)
41. NAV YEK (Navenda Mal û Komelê êzdiyan)
42. Enstituta Kurdî – Almanaya
43. Enstituta Kurdî – Bruksel
44. MŞD ( Meclîsa Şingal a Derveyî Welat)
45. YMK ( Yekîtîya Mamostayên Kurdistan)
46. YES (Yekitiya Êzdiyên Sûri)
47. Dachverband der Êzidischen Frauenräte
48. Mezopotamya Halk Kongresi.
49. Mezopotamya Özgurluk Partisi.
50. KNK ( Kongreya Neteweyî ya Kurdistanê)
51. Kurdische Gemeinde Stuttgart e.V.
52. Deutsch Kurdisches Forum e.V.