NEWS
Latest News
-
Thousands marched in Berlin against the ban on PKK
More than 70 civil society organisations, academics and human rights defenders have called on people to demonstrate in Berlin to protest the 25-years old ban on the PKK. -
Bijî Serok Apo, chant activists in Berlin
Despite the ban issued by the Berlin Administration against Abdullah Öcalan, the crowd chanted ‘Bijî Serok Apo’ (‘Long Live President Apo’). -
HDP Spokesperson: We are stepping up work for local elections
HDP's Oluç said: "Some members of the judiciary appear to have actually joined the AKP-MHP coalition”. -
Thousands gather in Berlin against PKK ban and racism
Over 70 NGOs, academics and human rights defenders called for a march against the PKK ban, racism and the Police Act and thousands have gathered for the march in Berlin. -
Five work-related deaths in Van in last 4 months
The five men had been forced to migrate to western Turkey and worked in construction sites. -
Solidarity Greetings from London to Berlin against PKK ban
CAMPACC said: “Led by the PKK, the Kurdish freedom movement has publicly demonstrated its crucial role as a counter-terror force, resisting the Turkish army’s domestic aggression and its allies’ attacks on Rojava.” -
"Court decision to not release Demirtas is completely political"
“The judiciary has once again involved in politics, it did act under the pressure of the government, and the court made an unfair decision whose responsibility is big”, said the HDP co-chairs. -
Grosseto celebrated PKK’s 40th anniversary
40th anniversary of the founding of the PKK is being celebrated all around the world. -
New Mexican president to swear in today
The presidential ceremony will have a total of around 900 guests, 400 of them foreigners, and 20 of them Heads of States or Governments. Some 1,800 media have been accredited for the event. -
Kurdish youth to protest the PKK ban in Berlin
The 25th anniversary of Germany's ban of the PKK is to be protested at a major march in Berlin. -
Court rejects appeal for Demirtas' release after ECHR ruling
Ankara 19th Heavy Penal Court has rejected appeal for the release of HDP former co-chair Selahattin Demirtas following the ECHR ruling that he should be released. -
Kurdish politician Mülkiye Birtane jailed
Yet another Kurdish politician has been imprisoned under the AKP regime of the Turkish state. -
The G20 Summit opened on Friday in Buenos Aires
As world leaders arrived in Argentina, civil society took to the streets to protest against the Summit and Mauricio Macri. -
Kongra-Gel calls for participation in Berlin demo against PKK ban
The rally has been promoted by German political and civil society organisations to protest against the ban on the PKK, 25 years ago. -
HDP’s Beştaş: Why has Selahattin Demirtaş not been released?
In November 2016, Selahattin Demirtaş, along with 12 other HDP members of the Turkish parliament were arrested on ‘terror’-related charges for which he currently faces up to 142 years imprisonment if convicted. -
Appeal to the Constitutional Court for Demirtas
Following the ECHR ruling that he should be released and Erdogan’s comments that they don’t recognize the verdict, Selahattin Demirtas’s lawyers have appealed to the Constitutional Court. -
Four HDP members remanded in custody in Izmir
Four people, including HDP members Mahfuz Güleryüz and Gülay Gün Bilici, were remanded in custody following the new political genocide operation carried out on 26 November in İzmir. -
Sinn Féin President calls for the release of HDP’s Demirtaş
Mary Lou McDonald wrote to Demirtaş: “Sinn Féin fully supports your campaign for immediate release from prison and the dropping of the politically motivated charges against you.” -
Catalonia, seeking the dead of the Civil War
At least 505 mass graves from the Spanish Civil War have been identified in Catalonia. More than 20,000 are the victims of the brutal occupation by fascist troops. -
KESK on trial for condemning the occupation of Afrin
"Trade unions all over the world have stood against war. The duty of a unionist is to keep people alive." -
Jaafari: Turkey gave armed groups chemical weapons
Permanent Representative of Syria to the UN Jaafari said Turkey needs to withdraw its forces from Syria, and stressed that the chemical weapons armed groups used in Aleppo were provided by Turkey. -
Explosion in Khanaqin: 1 dead
The Hashd al Shaabi 110th Battalion Commander lost his life in the explosion in Khanaqin. -
Anger spreads: Hunger strikes to launch in 6 cities
Support for HDP MP Leyla Guven’s hunger strike against the isolation is spreading. Activists will hold 3-day hunger strikes in 6 provinces. -
“Kurds’ fight is our fight”
Over 70 NGOs, politicians, human rights defenders, and academics in Germany say, “We are calling on wide democratic alliances to speak up against the PKK ban on December 1.” -
First statement by Germany on YPG-held ISIS members
The Federal German Government said all options are being explored to bring the 35 German citizen ISIS members held by the YPG to Germany. There is an option that the Red Cross may intervene for the ISIS members.